Difference between revisions of "TrackPoint"
(→Models featuring this Technology)
m (→External Sources)
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
*[http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-51536 page on configuring the third TrackPoint button under Linux]
Revision as of 07:24, 2 December 2007
The TrackPoint uses the PS/2 interface so it is supported by the standard psaux mouse input driver included in the Linux kernel.
Note that the "IMPS/2" driver of the X server is incompatible with most TrackPoints. You'll have to use "PS/2" in the protocol option of your input section if your mouse pointer always jumps to the lower left corner of the screen. This seems to be solved with the T4x generation of ThinkPads.
However, to make use of advanced features like configuring sensitivity or enabling "tap-to-click" there are different solutions available depending on the kernel you are using.
- For 2.4 type kernels it is recommended to use the Linux Trackpoint utilities.
- 2.6.14rc1 and newer has TrackPoint support as part of the regular PS/2 Mouse support
- For older 2.6 kernels, you can get the Patch to enable advanced trackpoint configuration.
If you are using GNOME with the 2.6 kernel TrackPoint support, you might want to use configure-trackpoint as a graphical frontend to it.
- Have a look at How to configure the TrackPoint.
Models featuring this Technology
- ThinkPad 220 (if that's what the original trackpoint is)
- 350, 350C, 355, 355Cs, 355C
- 360, 360Cs, 360C, 360P, 360CSE, 360CE, 360PE
- 500, 510Cs
- 720, 720C
- 700, 700C
- 750, 750Cs, 750C, 750P
- 755Cs, 755C
- 310, 310D, 310E, 310ED
- 345CS, 345C
- 365CS, 365C, 365CSD, 365CD, 365E, 365ED, 365X, 365XD
- 380, 380D, 380E, 380ED, 380XD, 385D, 385ED, 385XD
- 535, 535E, 535X
- 560, 560E, 560X
- 701C, 701CS
- 755CSE, 755CE, 755CX, 755CV, 755CD, 755CDV
- 760L, 760LD, 760C, 760CD, 760EL, 760ELD, 760E, 760ED, 760XL, 760XD, 765L, 765D
- 820, 850, 860
- 240, 240X
- 380Z, 390, 390E, 390X
- 560Z, 570, 570E
- 600, 600E, 600X
- 770, 770E, 770ED, 770X, 770Z
- i Series 1124, i Series 1157, i Series 1200, i Series 1210, i Series 1230, i Series 1250, i Series 1260, i Series 1300, i Series 1330, i Series 1370, i Series 1400, i Series 1410, i Series 1411, i Series 1412, i Series 1450, i Series 1451, i Series 1452, i Series 1472, i Series 1420, i Series 1421, i Series 1422, i Series 1441, i Series 1442, i Series 1460, i Series 1480, i Series 1482, i Series 1483, i Series 1492, i Series 1500, i Series 1512, i Series 1540, i Series 1541, i Series 1542, i Series 1552, i Series 1560, i Series 1562, i Series 1592, i Series 1620, i Series 1700, i Series 1720, i Series 1721, i Series 1780, i Series 1781, i Series 1800
- A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22e, A22m, A22p, A30, A30p, A31, A31p, A275, A285, A475, A485
- G40, G41, G50
- Template:R14, Template:R15, R30, R31, R32, R40, R40e, R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i, R400, R480, R490, R500, R580, R590
- S30, S31
- T14, Template:T14s, T15, T20, T21, T22, T23, T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p, T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s, T440, T440s, T440p, T450, T450s, T460, T460s, T460p, T470, T470s, T470p, T480, T480s, T490, T490s, T495, T495s, T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540p, T550, T560, T570, T580, T590
- X1, X1 Carbon, X1 Carbon G2, X1 Carbon G3, X1 Carbon G4, X1 Carbon G5, X1 Carbon G6, X1 Carbon G7, X1 Carbon G8, X1 Extreme, X1 Extreme G2, X1 Hybrid, X13, X20, X21, X22, X23, X24, X30, X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61Ls, X61 Tablet, X100e, X120e, X121e, X130e, X131e, X140e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201si, X201 Tablet, X201i Tablet, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230s, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet, X240, X240s, X250, X260, X270, X280, X300, X301, X390, X395
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t