This page gives an overview of the ThinkPad X260.
- Size: 305.5mm x 208.5mm x 20.3mm (2.0" x 8.21" x 0.80")
- Weight: 1.34kg (no internal battery + 3 cell external battery), 1.44kg (internal battery + 3-cell external battery) to 1.65kg (internal battery + 6-cell external battery)
- CPU: One of the following ultra-low-voltage Skylake-U processors:
- Intel Core i3-6100U, 2,3 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-6200U, 2,3 - 2,8 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-6300U, 2,4 - 3,0 GHz, 3MB Cache, Intel vPro
- Intel Core i7-6500U, 2,5 - 3,1 GHz, 4MB Cache, Intel vPro
- Intel Core i7-6600U, 2,6 - 3,4 GHz, 4MB Cache, Intel vPro
- RAM: DDR4 PC3-17066 SO-DIMM SDRAM, single socket. Officially supports 16GB
- Maximum supported resolution on external monitor:
- 4096x2304 ("4K") 60Hz via Mini DisplayPort
- 4096x2160 ("4K") 24Hz via HDMI
- One of the following TFT displays:
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 200 cd/m², 300:1
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 300 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- 12.5" 1920x1080 ("Full HD"), LED-Backlight, 300 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- Hard disk: 2.5" × 7mm hard drive bay with one of the following hard drives:
- HDD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm (also as SSHD with 8GB NAND flash memory)
- SSHD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm
- SSD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm
- SSD, NVMe PCIe 2x 16Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm
- M.2-2230 slot with, one of the following, no SATA lanes:
- 802.11ac, Broadcom, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.1
- 802.11ac, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.1
- M.2-2242 slot with, one of the following, no SATA lanes:
- Empty Slot
- Wireless WWAN, Huawei ME906S, LTE/WCDMA/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE/GNSS
- Wireless WWAN, Sierra Wireless EM7455, LTE-Advanced/DC-HSPA+/HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS/GNSS
- Externally-accessible SIM tray. Stock tray accepts micro-SIM. The socket is also compatible with the mini-SIM (regular size) holder from the X240.
- Display connectors
- Mini DisplayPort port with audio
- HDMI port
- 3.5mm Headphone+Mic combo jack
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports, one of which is "Always on" for power
- 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC slot)
- Smart card reader (optional)
- Ethernet: Intel I219-LM (vPro), Intel I219-V (non vPro)
- Internal (front) battery: 23.2Whr 3 cell Li-Polymer (optional)
- External (rear) battery: one of
- 23.2Wh 3 cell Li-Polymer (Type 68)
- 48Wh 6 cell Li-Ion (Type 68+)
- 72Wh 6 cell Li-Ion (Type 68++)
- External battery can be swapped while running on the internal battery ("Power Bridge")
- Compatible docking stations:
- Pointing devices
- TrackPoint (with 3 physical buttons)
- UltraNav touch pad
This model has a single SODIMM socket, which officially supports up to 16GB of RAM (PC4-17066 DDR4 SDRAM 2133MHz SODIMM).
Any internal component replacement or upgrade (including hard disk and expansion cards) requires opening the back cover. Keyboard replacement requires full assembly and disassembly of the system board, and fresh thermal paste for the CPU heatsink.
Opening the case involves two stages:
- Opening a handful of screws (these have tiny retainer rings made of transparent plastic; be careful not to drop them when removing the back cover).
- Carefully prying apart dozens of little fragile plastic latches. This requires a plastic case opening tool to avoid damage (a metal screwdriver will nick and scratch the plastic).
This model has a 6-row keyboard, where the F1 through F12 share the same top-row physical keys with special functions keys (volume, brightness, etc.). By default, the top-row keys invoke the special functions, and require Fn keypress to invoke the usual F1 through F12 functions. To switch the role and have the top-row keys default to F1 through F12, enable Fn-Lock mode (by pressing Fn+Esc).
Resources (by Lenovo)
This category currently contains no pages or media.