- z61t Linux review (Milosz Tanski), 2006-01-05
Most of the laptop features are current supported by Linux, kernel 2.6.17+ recommened.
Sound works fine with the snd-hda-intel module in the Linux kernel.
Make sure you either explicitly enable or disable the IRDA functionality in the bios (instead of having it be enabled but off) otherwise the kernel IRDA drive will OOPs. Other then that it works fine.
3-in-1 card reader
In order to get the card reader you need kernel 2.6.17+ with the sdhci modules. Also you will need the open-source tifm driver. The current version 0.5.0 produces oopes on the z61t on umount; however, the SVN version aviable works fine.
- As of kernel 2.6.17 suspend works, with one gotya that the SATA controller is set to compatibility mode in the BIOS (instead of AHCI mode). This is due to the fact that the kernel dosen't eaxactly suport suspend/resumue in the AHCI driver yet, and the AHCI module fails to turn the hard drives back on at resume time.
- Patches for AHCI suspend are aviable at the following urls:
Make sure you remove a couple modules on suspend: ipw3945 (if your have intel wireless) also the sdhci and tifm (3 in 1 card reader modules), otherwide the laptop may not goto sleep and/or wakeup properly.
Pages in category "Z61t"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Table of thinkpad-acpi LEDs
- TFT display
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 56K Modem (MDC-1.5)
- ThinkPad Adjustable Notebook Stand
- ThinkPad Advanced Dock
- ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock
- ThinkPad Button
- ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator
- ThinkPad History
- Tp smapi
- Ultrabay Slim Battery II
- Ultrabay Slim CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
- Ultrabay Slim CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive II
- Ultrabay Slim DVD Multi-Burner
- Ultrabay Slim DVD Multi-Burner II
- Ultrabay Slim DVD Multi-Burner III
- Ultrabay Slim DVD Multi-Burner Plus
- Ultrabay Slim DVD-ROM Drive
- Ultrabay Slim PATA HDD Adapter
- Ultrabay Slim SATA HDD Adapter
- Ultrabay Slim Travel Bezel
- USB Port