Availiablity in Europe
The X61 with normal voltage CPUs are a bit hard to get in central and eastern Europe, most retailers only sell the X61s with low voltage processors. An Lenovo Czech Republic representative, questioned about the X61availiability, replied (translated from czech):
The X61 models with standard CPUs are also sold in Czechia but you need to face the price will be significatly higher (30% or more) because the specific article has to be imported just for you. The delivery can take up to 7 weeks.
In Poland there is harder to get X61s (Low Voltage) than regular X61 version. Some retailers also offer this notebook with upgraded memory to 4GB. The system is shipped only with 32-bit vesion of MS Windows Vista Bussiness so it see only 3GB of the memory. But every kernel with 64GB memory option compiled in sees all 4GB with no problem
Setting the brightness
See Thinkpad-acpi for adjusting the bitmask, after this you can probe the keys with
which should produce the following output:
video LCD0 00000086 00000000 video LCD0 00000087 00000000
See LCD_Brightness for adjusting the brightness with thinkpad_acpi.
Pages in category "X61"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- Idle consumptions
- Installation instructions for the ThinkPad X61
- Installing openSuSE 10.3 on a ThinkPad X61
- Installing Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) on a ThinkPad X61
- Installing Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) on a ThinkPad X61
- Installing Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) on a ThinkPad X61
- Installing Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) on a ThinkPad X61
- Intel 82801H HDA
- Intel 965
- Intel Active Management Technology (AMT)
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Merom)
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn)
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Controller
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- Intel® Turbo Memory hard drive cache