This page gives an overview of all ThinkPad X200 related topics.
- One of the following processors:
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4700 MHD onboard graphics
- 12" CCFL with 1280×800 (WXGA, 200 nit)
- Support for up to 4GB DDR3-RAM PC3-8500
- As of 27 Aug 2008, 4GB option is most available and only if you select upgrade to Windows Vista Business 64
- One of the following hard drives:
- ThinkPad X200 Ultrabase
- DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner, Blu-ray
- One of the following expansion slots:
- 5-1 Media card Reader with Modem
- 3-1 Media card Reader without Modem
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- MiniPCI Express slot 1 with one of the following:
- MiniPCI Express slot 2 with one of the following:
- Integrated WWAN with GPS
- I believe this is a category, which includes the AT&T and Verizon cards below, rather than a distinct option. Unconfirmed. Mitchell 21:54, 28 October 2008 (CET)
- Integrated Ultra Wide Band (UWB) for AT&T
- Integrated Ultra Wide Band (UWB) for Verizon
- WiMAX (late 2008)
- Intel® Turbo Memory hard drive cache 2GB
- Optional Features
- IBM Embedded Security Subsystem 2.0
- IBM Active Protection System
- TrackPoint only
- One of the following batteries
- 4-cell battery, 29 Wh (14.4 V, 2.0 Ah). up to 3.3 hr, 1.34kg
- 4-cell *tablet, 29 Wh (14.4 V, 2.0 Ah).
- 6-cell battery, 56 Wh (10.8 V, 5.2 Ah). up to 6.5 hr, 1.47kg
- 8-cell *tablet, 66 Wh (14.4 V, 4.6 Ah)
- 9-cell battery, 85 Wh (10.8 V, 7.8 Ah). up to 9.8 hr, 1.63kg (protrudes out back 22.8cm/.9in)
Sometimes even basic information is hard to find. Here's a place for it.
- The X200T does not support Multi-touch!. "MultiTouch" is Lenovo's misleading way of saying you can use your finger, in addition to a pen. The X200T uses Wacom's no-longer-cutting-edge non-multitouch screen. Only one contact point is available in hardware.
- Though, hypothetically, you could get two points from a MultiTouch screen, one from finger contact, and one from a stylus hovering over but not touching the screen - they are available in linux as separate devices. It's not clear it's ever been done.
- GPS - If you have an optional WWAN card (AT&T or Verizon), you have GPS. unconfirmed
- The 5300 normally has 3 x 3 antennas. Adding the webcam reduces this to 2 x 2. unconfirmed
- Any other conflicts? Bluetooth, etc?
- X200T configured with SSD do not include the Active Protection System accelerometer. Despite alternate uses (theft deterrence). Confirmed by Lenovo US sales phone, 2008-10. Mitchell 21:54, 28 October 2008 (CET)
- The X200 Tablet Sleeve supports 4 and 8 cell batteries, but not 9 cell. from announcement
- The X200 does not have a touchpad. For folks who really want one, a somewhat messy possibility might be www.ergonomictouchpad.com (never used - no endorsement) which looks vaguely like a Cirque TSM9925 Touchpad with velcro and wire added.