- Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) (x200_x200s_x200si_x201_x201i_x201s_hmm_en_43y6632_11 16338562 octet)
- Debian Lenny install: http://comcap.free.fr/x200s.html
- Debian Sid install: http://larsgg.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2019B2D8CDA6ED!748.entry
- Arch Linux install: http://itgen.blogspot.com/2008/12/installing-arch-linux-on-lenovo.html
- CentOS 5 install: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Lenovo/Thinkpad-X200s
The above Debian related links explain the hoop-jumping required (in early 2009) for x200s models that have the 5300 wireless card. However if you have a model containing the 5100 (e.g 7469-5KG) then a standard Debian Lenny install ('HD-media' on USB key+wireless net install) works fine and is straightforward. With Debian Squeeze the installation is straightforward, including the 5300. The fingerprint reader is still not working.
Pages in category "X200s"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- Idle consumptions
- Installing Debian Wheezy (7.0) on a Thinkpad X200s
- Integrated camera
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader
- Intel Active Management Technology (AMT)
- Intel Celeron M
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn)
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Controller
- Intel GM45
- Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Intel WiFi Link 5100/5300 WLAN controller
- Intel WiMAX/WiFi Link 5150/5350