This page gives an overview of all ThinkPad X200s related topics.
- One of the following processors:
- Intel Core2 Duo processor SU9300 (1.2GHz, 3MB L2, 800MHz FSB)
- Intel Core2 Duo processor SL9300 (1.6Ghz, 1Ghz FSB)
- Intel Core2 Duo processor SL9400 (1.8Ghz, 1Ghz FSB)
- Onboard Graphics
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- One of the following screens
- 1440x900 12.1" (LED backlight) 250 nit
- 1280x800 12.1" (CCFL backlight) 200 nit
- Support for up to 4GB DDR3-RAM PC3-8500
- Card Reader (SD,SDHC,MMC,MS & MS Pro) Some configurations with SD-card slot only.
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller (82567LM)
- (MiniPCI Express slot 1) (Intel WiFi Link 5300AGN)
- Other Options
- Fingerprint Gadget
- Intel Turbo Memory 2GB
- Audio (Conexant Azalia Audio Codec)
- Battery Sizes - 4 cell, 6 cell, 9 cell (sticks out the back)
Debian sid install: http://larsgg.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2019B2D8CDA6ED!748.entry
Arch Linux install: http://itgen.blogspot.com/2008/12/installing-arch-linux-on-lenovo.html
CentOS 5 install: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Lenovo/Thinkpad-X200s
The above links explain the hoop-jumping required (in early 2009) for x200s models that have the 5300 ethernet/wireless card. However if you have a model containing the 5100 (e.g 7469-5KG) then a standard Debian Lenny install ('HD-media' on USB key+ethernet net install) works fine and is entirely straightforward.