Bluetooth Daughter Card (14 pins)
The 14 pin Bluetooth Daughter Cards (BDC) are USB Bluetooth Adapters that are installed in a proprietary BDC socket. The connection probably carries usb, power, led and enable signal. The antenna is printed on the PCB. The location varies by model (within the screen, under the palm rest area, etc.); refer to the Hardware Maintenance Manual for the location of the BDC.
- FRU PN: 39T0497 (T60, T61, X60, X61, X300)
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61t
- R60, R61
- T60p, T61p
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61s, X61 Tablet
- FRU PN: 42T0969, 60Y3211, 60Y3215 (R400, R500, T400, T500, W500, W700, W700ds, X200, X200s, X201, X201s)
- FRU PN: 44C9696 (X200 Tablet, X201 Tablet)
- FRU PN: 43Y6481 (T400s, X301)
- FRU PN: 60Y3199, 60Y3213 (Edge 11", T410, T410i, T410s, T410si)
- FRU PN: 60Y3199 (T510, T510i, W510, X100e)
- Edge 13", Edge 14", Edge 15"
- L412, L512
- SL300, SL400, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- W701, W701ds
When Bluetooth is enabled, the Bluetooth-logo LED will light up and executing
# lsusb will show an entry mentioning "Broadcom".
On recent ThinkPads the Wireless killswitch disables both WiFi and Bluetooth (verified on a ThinkPad Z60m, Z61t, T60, T61 and X61).