Revision as of 04:58, 21 January 2017 by Johnmcdonnell (Corrected maximum RAM speed possible to 1866 MHz. Added BIOS version information relative to RAM speed in Notes section.)
- The CPU speed will be throttled back to 800MHz if the machine is run on the 65W AC adapter with no battery installed. To avoid this throttling
- run on a 90W AC adapter, or
- install a battery pack.
- It's possible to use a mSATA SSD within the second MiniPCI Express slot.
- On booting:
- The X220 cannot/will not boot GPT disks using Legacy BIOS, you must setup UEFI.
- The X220 will not boot /efi/*/*.efi unless "signed"(?) into BIOS, you have to copy it to /efi/boot/bootx64.efi.
- Disabling the BIOS setting "USB UEFI BIOS Support" disables *all* USB booting, ie, both UEFI and legacy BIOS.
- Maximum DDR3 speed depends on the BIOS version. BIOS versions up to 1.28 allow RAM speeds up to 1866MHz. BIOS versions 1.29 and above limit RAM to 1333MHz. Modified versions of BIOS available that remove this limitation.
- The combined headphone/microphone jack is a 4-pin TRRS connector and is wired as per CTIA/AHJ standard (tip - left, ring1 - right, ring2 - ground, sleeve - mic). Which means, it is compatible with most modern cellphone headsets (including Apple); however, it is not compatible with older Nokia and Samsung headsets wired as OMTP.
Pages in category "X220"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- Installing Archlinux on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Debian 6.0 (squeeze) on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Gentoo on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) on a ThinkPad X220
- Installing Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) on a ThinkPad X220
- Integrated camera
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader
- Intel Active Management Technology (AMT)
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Controller
- Intel HD Graphics
- Thermal Sensors
- ThinkPad 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II
- ThinkPad Adjustable Notebook Stand
- ThinkPad Battery 19+
- ThinkPad Button
- ThinkPad History
- ThinkPad Mini-Dock Plus Series 3
- ThinkPad Mini-Dock Series 3
- ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3
- ThinkPad Series 3 Dock Comparison
- ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3
- Tp smapi