IBM 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter II
- IBM Option PN (WW): 73P4301
- IBM Option PN (Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, China): 73P4302
- IBM Option PN (Japan): 73P4303
- IBM FRU PN (WW): 93P4262
- IBM FRU PN (Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, China): 93P4264
- IBM FRU PN (Japan): 93P4266
- IBM FRU PN (US): 27K9944
- IBM FRU PN (EU): 27K9946
- IBM FRU PN (Japan): 27K9948
- IBM FRU PN (Taiwan): 27K9999
Also known (in IBM literature) as....
- 802.11a/b/g Ambit wireless Card
- 802.11a/b/g Bartlett Wireless Card
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Mini PCI Adapter II
The chipset itself supports Atheros eXtended Range (XR) technology, and Atheros Super A/G (Turbo) modes, but this functionality may be disabled. The access point must also support Super A/G to negotiate a link in Super A/G mode.
Windows WiFi driver
A universal driver can be used. This can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.ekahau.com/products/client/drivers/atheros/ Ensure an installation diskette is saved first and then proceed to update the driver of the mini pci card through the device manager.
Linux WiFi driver
This adapter should be automatically supported in recent distributions with the ath5k driver. However this driver might be unstable unless you have at least kernel 2.6.29.
Alternatively the Madwifi driver works with this adapter.