Qualcomm Gobi 2000
- ThinkPad AT&T® Gobi 2000 Broadband Option 78Y1398
- ThinkPad Gobi 2000 Broadband Option 78Y1399
The firmware for this device is not publicly downloadable and currently must be obtained from a windows installation. The firmware consists of 3 parts:
- amss.mbn (firmware stage 1)
- apps.mbn (firmware stage 2)
- UQCN.mbn (formware stage 3) - includes configuration including SIM lock)
MD5 SUM of known firmware files:
- 84d002b0ef003cde6c95826bfbf067fe /lib/firmware/gobi/amss.mbn (STAGE 1 tested with UK T510)
- d7496085f1af3d1bfdf0fa60c3222766 /lib/firmware/gobi/apps.mbn (STAGE 2 tested with UK T510)
- 1aa5727b034dd1f371a3412d5800c1a3 /lib/firmware/gobi/UQCN.mbn (STAGE 3, UMTS unlocked, tested with UK T510)
The firmware for this device must be loaded prior to using the device. The firmware loading interface is exposed over USB as id 05c6:9204 which can be accessed as a character (TTYUSB) device under Linux using the qcserial driver (modified to include correct USB IDs). The firmware can be loaded using the gobi_loader application.
After firmware is loaded, the modem is exposed over USB as id 05c6:9205 which can be accessed as a character (TTYUSB) device under Linux using the qcserial (modified to include correct USB IDs). Normal dial-up software can be used to create a 3G connection.