MiniPCI Express slot
MiniPCI Express Adapters
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- Intel Wifi Link 5100 (AGN)
- Intel Wifi Link 5300 (AGN)
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II
- Sierra Wireless MC5720 - EV-DO WWAN
- Sierra Wireless MC5725 - EV-DO WWAN
Though the slot is MiniPCIe in form factor, it has been crippled to only accept devices with PCI-ID's contained in a BIOS whitelist consisting of the above list of devices (likely not exhaustive and varying depending on the particular system) with the additional requirement that they must carry the Lenovo brand name and consequently cost twice as much. If an unauthorized card is plugged in it gives a 1802 error on initial boot up before it even touches the operating system. (see Problem with unauthorized MiniPCI network card, 1802 with MiniPCIe on t60,same). The workarounds on the first link concerning MiniPCI devices may or may not be directly applicable to the MiniPCIe slot. Anyone who has added non-Lenovo components to this slot either successfully or unsuccessfully is encouraged to provide any relevant details here.
MiniPCI Express adapters are handled by the Linux PCI subsystem.
Models featuring this Technology
- ThinkPad T60, T60p, R61, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X60, X60s, X61, X61s, X200
- ThinkPad Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t, Z61m
- Lenovo accessories guide.