This page gives an overview of the ThinkPad X250.
- One of the following ultra-low-voltage Broadwell-U processors:
- Intel Core i3-5010U, 2,10 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-5200U, 2,2 - 2,7 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-5300U, 2,3 - 2,9 GHz, 3MB Cache, Intel vPro
- Intel Core i7-5600U, 2,6 - 3,2 GHz, 4MB Cache, Intel vPro
- One of the following graphics adapters:
- One of the following displays:
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 200 cd/m², 300:1
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 300 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 270 cd/m², IPS, Multitouch
- 12.5" 1920x1080 ("Full HD"), LED-Backlight, 400 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- 12.5" 1920x1080 ("Full HD"), LED-Backlight, 360 cd/m², IPS, Multitouch
- Up to 8GB DDR3L PC3-12800 1333MHz (1 DIMM Slots) (unofficially 16GB modules reportedly working by multiple users)
- One of the following hard drives:
- SSD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm high
- HDD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm or 9.5mm high (9.5mm is in official spec but not yet confirmed by users)
- SSHD with 8GB NAND flash memory
- M.2 slot with, optionally, one of the following:
- M.2 SSD
- Wireless WWAN, Ericsson N5321, HSPA+ 21Mbps/GSM/GPRS/EDGE, GPS
- Wireless WWAN, Sierra Wireless EM7345,
- Intel 4G LTE/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE, GPS
- Cellular WWAN
- via optional M.2 card (see above)
- Externally-accessible SIM tray. Stock tray accepts micro-SIM. The socket is also compatible with the mini-SIM (regular size) holder from the X240.
- WLAN (WiFi and BlueTooth):: one of the following, via M.2 slot:
- 802.11b/g/n, ThinkPad 11 b/g/n, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- 802.11b/g/n, Intel Wireless-N 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- 802.11a/b/g/n, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + BlueTooth
- 802.11ac, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + BlueTooth
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, one of which is "Always on" for power
- 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC slot)
- Smart card reader (optional)
- 720p HD Integrated camera
- Internal (front) battery: 23.2Whr 3 cell Li-Polymer (optional)
- External (rear) battery: one of
- 23.2Wh 3 cell Li-Polymer (Type 68)
- 72Wh 6 cell Li-Ion (Type 68+)
- External battery can be swapped while running on the internal battery ("Power Bridge")
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (optional)
- Touch: 305.5mm x 208.5mm x 21.5mm (12.0" x 8.21" x 0.85")
- Non-touch: 305.5mm x 208.5mm x 20.3mm (2.0" x 8.21" x 0.80")
- Weight: 1.42kg (internal battery + 3-cell external battery, non-touch) to 1.65kg (internal battery + 6-cell external battery, touch)
This model has a single SODIMM socket, which officially supports up to 8GB of RAM (PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600MHz SODIMM).
In practice, some 16GB DRAM modules work in this machine. In particular, the 16GB DDR3L 1333MHz SODIMM DRAM module from Intelligent Memory, model IMM2G64D3LSOD8AG-B15E, is reported to work well by multiple users.
This model has a 6-row keyboard, where the F1 through F12 share the same top-row physical keys with special functions keys (volume, brightness, etc.). By default, the top-row keys invoke the special functions, and require Fn keypress to invoke the usual F1 through F12 functions. To switch the role and have the top-row keys default to F1 through F12, enable Fn-Lock mode (by pressing Fn+Esc).
Known linux issues & fixes
Complete lockup with nothing in logs on Debian
The solution that worked for most:
create a file named `/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf`, add the following and reboot:
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Option "DRI" "false"
Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
Option "NoAccel" "True"
Pages in category "X250"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.