This page gives an overview of the ThinkPad X250.
- Touch: 305.5mm x 208.5mm x 21.5mm (12.0" x 8.21" x 0.85")
- Non-touch: 305.5mm x 208.5mm x 20.3mm (2.0" x 8.21" x 0.80")
- Weight: 1.42kg (internal battery + 3-cell external battery, non-touch) to 1.65kg (internal battery + 6-cell external battery, touch)
- CPU: One of the following ultra-low-voltage Broadwell-U processors:
- Intel Core i3-5010U, 2,10 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-5200U, 2,2 - 2,7 GHz, 3MB Cache
- Intel Core i5-5300U, 2,3 - 2,9 GHz, 3MB Cache, Intel vPro
- Intel Core i7-5600U, 2,6 - 3,2 GHz, 4MB Cache, Intel vPro
- RAM: DDR3L PC3-12800 SO-DIMM SDRAM, single socket. Officially supports 8GB, but 16GB modules reported working by multiple users.
- Maximum supported resolution on external monitor:
- 3840x2160 ("4K") 60Hz via Mini DisplayPort
- 1920x1200 ("WUXGA") 60Hz via VGA
- One of the following TFT displays:
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 200 cd/m², 300:1
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 300 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- 12.5" 1366x768 ("HD"), LED-Backlight, 270 cd/m², IPS, Multitouch
- 12.5" 1920x1080 ("Full HD"), LED-Backlight, 400 cd/m², 700:1, IPS
- 12.5" 1920x1080 ("Full HD"), LED-Backlight, 360 cd/m², IPS, Multitouch
- Hard disk: 2.5" × 7mm hard drive bay with one of the following hard drives:
- SSD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm high
- HDD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2.5" wide, 7mm or 9.5mm high (9.5mm is in official spec but not yet confirmed by users)
- SSHD with 8GB NAND flash memory
- M.2 slot with, optionally, one of the following:
- M.2 SSD
- Wireless WAN, Ericsson N5321, HSPA+ 21Mbps/GSM/GPRS/EDGE, GPS
- Wireless WAN, Sierra Wireless EM7345,
- Intel 4G LTE/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE, GPS
- Cellular WAN
- via optional M.2 card (see above)
- Externally-accessible SIM tray. Stock tray accepts micro-SIM. The socket is also compatible with the mini-SIM (regular size) holder from the X240.
- Display connectors
- Mini DisplayPort port with audio
- VGA port
- 3.5mm Headphone+Mic combo jack
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, one of which is "Always on" for power
- 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC slot)
- Smart card reader (optional)
- Wireless WWAN: one of the following, via M.2 slot:
- 802.11b/g/n, ThinkPad 11 b/g/n, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- 802.11b/g/n, Intel Wireless-N 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- 802.11a/b/g/n, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + BlueTooth
- 802.11ac, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + BlueTooth
- Internal (front) battery: 23.2Whr 3 cell Li-Polymer (optional)
- External (rear) battery: one of
- 23.2Wh 3 cell Li-Polymer (Type 68)
- 72Wh 6 cell Li-Ion (Type 68+)
- External battery can be swapped while running on the internal battery ("Power Bridge")
- Compatible docking stations:
- Pointing devices
- TrackPoint (with 3 physical buttons)
- UltraNav touch pad
Any internal component replacement or upgrade (including hard disk and expansion cards) requires opening the back cover. Keyboard replacement requires full assembly and disassembly of the system board, and fresh thermal paste for the CPU heatsink.
Opening the case involves two stages:
- Opening a handful of screws (these have tiny retainer rings made of transparent plastic; be careful not to drop them when removing the back cover).
- Carefully prying apart dozens of little fragile plastic latches. This requires a plastic case opening tool to avoid damage (a metal screwdriver will nick and scratch the plastic).
This model has a 6-row keyboard, where the F1 through F12 share the same top-row physical keys with special functions keys (volume, brightness, etc.). By default, the top-row keys invoke the special functions, and require Fn keypress to invoke the usual F1 through F12 functions. To switch the role and have the top-row keys default to F1 through F12, enable Fn-Lock mode (by pressing Fn+Esc).
Resources (by Lenovo)
This category currently contains no pages or media.