Intel Active Management Technology (AMT)
Revision as of 17:21, 19 February 2008 by GL1zdA (Expanded the setup guide)
Hints how to setup it via Intel ME BIOS Extension (MEBx) based on the T61p
- Use ThinkVantage System Update so you have the latest BIOS
- You should enable AMT in BIOS (In 'Configuration' on the main screen)
- After the POST screen you will see the Intel ME BIOS Extension screen. Hit Ctrl+P to enter the setup.
- The default password is 'admin' (without quotes)
- If you try to change the Intel ME password and get "Error - Intel(R) ME password change rejected" message, then you are using a weak password. This are guidelines for the Intel ME strong password:
- between 8- and 32-characters long
- Contain both upper and lower case Latin characters
- Have at least one numeric character
- Have at least one ASCII non-alphanumeric character (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *)
- Select Intel(R) ME Configuration
- Select 'Intel(R) ME State Control', set it ENABLED, return to previous menu
- Select 'Intel(R) ME Firmware Local Update Qualifier', set it to ALWAYS OPEN, return to previous menu
- Select 'Intel(R) ME Features Control', choose 'Intel(R) AMT', return to previous menu
- Select 'Intel(R) ME Power Control'
- Select 'Intel (R) ME ON in Host Sleep States' and set the 'widest' range of Sleep States
- Return to previous menu twice and select EXIT. The system will reboot now.
- Hit Ctrl+P when the Intel ME BIOS messages apear
- You will see a new menu entry: 'Intel(R) AMT Configuration'
- Select Host Name and enter the same name as for the OS Host name
- Select TCP/IP, and hit twice 'N' to enable the interface and DHCP, then provide your domain name as set (or to be set) in the OS
- Select SOL/IDE-R, hit 'Y' to confirm the warning, set Username & Password, Serial Over LAN and IDE Redirection to ENABLED
- Select Secure Firmware Update and choose ENABLED
- Exit. The system will reboot again.
- See Also Centrino Pro
- Intel - AMT 
- Tips & Tricks for Setting up & Accessing an Intel AMT Client 
- Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) Software Development Kit (SDK) Start Here Guide 
ThinkPads that may include this feature
|AMT 2.5||T61, T61p, X61 Tablet|