Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapter
- IBM Option PN (NA): 73P2801
- IBM Option PN (WW): 73P2802
- IBM FRU PN (NA): 93P4168, 93P3483
- IBM FRU PN (WW): 93P4170, 93P3485
Also known (in IBM literature) as....
- Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG Mini-PCI Adapter from IBM
- 802.11b/g Intel wireless card
This adapter is supported by the Linux ipw2200 driver.
There are countless reports of stability issues in public forums. Intel recognises at least one compatibility problem with some APs and advises to disable the power saving feature.
Some people seem to achieve stability using a random combination of these workarounds:
- disable power savings as explained by Intel above
- upgrade/downgrade driver
- upgrade AP firmware / try a different AP
- disable 802.11g and stick to 802.11b
- tweaking other driver settings
On linux, forcing a rate reduction was enough to fix the problem (adaptive rate does not seem to work)
iwconfig eth1 rate 1M