This is a Intel Northbridge
- Supports the following processors:
- Front Side Bus (FSB): 66 or 100MHz
- PC-66 or PC-100 memory (depending on FSB)
- 256Mbit memory modules are not supported, max you can use is 128MB SO-DIMM "doublesided"
- AGP 1x or 2x
- Intel_82371EB companion SouthBridge
- CPU Host Bridge (PCI ID: 8086:7190)
- AGP-PCI Bridge (PCI ID: 8086:7191)
Maximum addressable memory for this Northbridge is 1GB (using four 256MB DIMMs).
No ThinkPad has more then 2 DIMM slots, so are in theory limited to 512MB (with the exception of the 600X, which has an additional 64MB soldered to the systemboard, and can oficially support 64+256+256=576MB). Actual supported memory can be significantly less due to BIOS limits or available DIMM slots.
This chipset is supported by recent 2.4 and 2.6 kernels
Intel 440BX documentation
ThinkPads this chip may be found in
- i Series 1720, i Series 1721
- i Series 1422, i Series 1442, i Series 1482, i Series 1483, i Series 1492
- i Series 1542, i Series 1562, i Series 1592
- 380XD, 380Z
- 390, 390E, 390X
- 570, 570E
- 600, 600E, 600X
- 770E, 770ED, 770X, 770Z
- A20m, A20p, A21m, A21p, A22m, A22p
- T20, T21, T22