Integrated Fingerprint Reader
There is a new GPL driver here: http://pavelmachek.livejournal.com/25060.html
A closed source driver from the vendor has been released. It interfaces to the hardware as a user-space USB driver through /proc/bus/usb and provides a BioAPI 1.10 device, which can then be interfaced to pam for authentication by user programs. The driver can be downloaded from http://www.upek.com/support/dl_linux_bsp.asp; see the corresponding HOWTO for detailed instructions.
- UPEK customer report about the deal with IBM
- Review from TrustedReviews of the fingerprint scanner
- A (Russian) project that provides support for a (different model) of fingerprint scanner (also a USB device, though)
- Discussion of the T42/T42p fingerprint scanner on the Linux Biometrics site (Linux Biometrics site has blown up so for now this link does not work)
- UPEK announcement (planned, closed-source) support for BioAPI on Linux The first release was scheduled for September 2005; the final driver came out in December 2005.