ibm-acpi - IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras Driver
This is a Linux ACPI driver for the IBM ThinkPad laptops written by Borislav Deianov. It aims to support various features of these laptops which are accessible through the ACPI framework but not otherwise supported by the generic Linux ACPI drivers. As a kernel module, ibm-acpi works as a bridge to deliver information about certain hardware events like key presses or control the state of certain hardware features by software.
- triggers ACPI Events for
- Fn key combinations ( , , , , , , , , , , , )
- UltraBay device eject
- Display lid, Power button, Undock button
- enables software control of
- can show values of
- five temperature sensors
- Embedded Controler registers
Project Homepage / Availability
Included with the Linux kernel since 2.6.10. (Keep in mind, however, that the version included with the official kernel, or with some particular distribution, is not always the latest one.)
Probably Kernel 2.6.14 will include version 0.12 (versus version 0.8 in prior kernels).
in development, usable, very much alive
- Debian Packages: http://debian.isg.ee.ethz.ch/public/
- Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=app-laptop;name=ibm-acpi
- GKrellM supports fan and thermal information
- gaim-thinklight is a gaim plugin which makes the ThinkLight blink, when a message arrives.