Difference between revisions of "Hardware Modifications"
(→Other ThinkPads: UEFI BIOS ROM Recovery on the Lenovo Thinkpad E555 (Thank you, Trenkov and Martín.))
m (Bugmenot2 moved page Hardware Hacking to Hardware Modifications: hacking? it's mosty modifications)
Revision as of 13:47, 14 November 2020
This page is dedicated to your Hardware modifications and stories about strange or clever uses of ThinkPads.
xx20 Series (T420/X220/W520) and xx30 Series (T430/X230/W530)
- T420/T430 Screen Upgrade to 1080p FHD T440p or 1600x900 X1 Carbon - Advanced screen mods, for an FHD 1080p display. Also works for T420, T420s, and T430s.
- T420/T430 1366x768 to 1600x900 HD+ Screen Upgrade - Stock screen mods, for a 1600x900 display. Nothing out of the ordinary.
- Modifying Series 3 Dock to fit X220 Tablet
- Install Classic Keyboard on xx30 Series ThinkPads - Bring back the 7-row keyboard for the xx30 series.
- Upgrade your hard drive
- CPU upgrade
- How to build your own UltraBay drive
- How to build your own UltraBay Plus device
- How to build your own UltraPort device
- How to build a T43 southbridge cooler
- How to make your Dock quiet
- Unofficial maximum memory specs
- CompactFlash boot drive
- Opening port replicator II
- How to put SATA in old ThinkPads
- UEFI BIOS ROM Recovery on the Lenovo Thinkpad E555
software control of hardware
- Pentium M undervolting and underclocking
- How to control fan speed
- How to disable the pc speaker (beep!)
- How to silence DVD ROM
- Using 16V powersupplies for new 20 V laptops
- Power Connector hacks including makeshift connector and signal pins
- ThinkPad 760XD do-it-yourself-page
- How to Upgrade, Repair, Disassemble a Lenovo (former IBM) ThinkPad Laptop or Notebook - links to illustrated (often) HOWTOs for old and new ThinkPad models.
- ThinkPad overclocking by photo for different older models (japanese)
- IBM Mania's Application pages (Korean, but with pictures)
- T43p Embedded Controller Internals
- Enhancing cooling for the T43/p
- Hardware fix for the T43/p fan noise