Revision as of 23:55, 20 November 2018 by Numeric (→Other ThinkPads: UEFI BIOS ROM Recovery on the Lenovo Thinkpad E555 (Thank you, Trenkov and Martín.))
This page is dedicated to your Hardware modifications and stories about strange or clever uses of ThinkPads.
xx20 Series (T420/X220/W520) and xx30 Series (T430/X230/W530)
- T420/T430 Screen Upgrade to 1080p FHD T440p or 1600x900 X1 Carbon - Advanced screen mods, for an FHD 1080p display. Also works for T420, T420s, and T430s.
- T420/T430 1366x768 to 1600x900 HD+ Screen Upgrade - Stock screen mods, for a 1600x900 display. Nothing out of the ordinary.
- Modifying Series 3 Dock to fit X220 Tablet
- Install Classic Keyboard on xx30 Series ThinkPads - Bring back the 7-row keyboard for the xx30 series.
- Upgrade your hard drive
- CPU upgrade
- How to build your own UltraBay drive
- How to build your own UltraBay Plus device
- How to build your own UltraPort device
- How to build a T43 southbridge cooler
- How to make your Dock quiet
- Unofficial maximum memory specs
- CompactFlash boot drive
- Opening port replicator II
- How to put SATA in old ThinkPads
- UEFI BIOS ROM Recovery on the Lenovo Thinkpad E555
software control of hardware
- Pentium M undervolting and underclocking
- How to control fan speed
- How to disable the pc speaker (beep!)
- How to silence DVD ROM
- Using 16V powersupplies for new 20 V laptops
- Power Connector hacks including makeshift connector and signal pins
- ThinkPad 760XD do-it-yourself-page
- How to Upgrade, Repair, Disassemble a Lenovo (former IBM) ThinkPad Laptop or Notebook - links to illustrated (often) HOWTOs for old and new ThinkPad models.
- ThinkPad overclocking by photo for different older models (japanese)
- IBM Mania's Application pages (Korean, but with pictures)
- T43p Embedded Controller Internals
- Enhancing cooling for the T43/p
- Hardware fix for the T43/p fan noise