HDAPS - IBM Active Protection System Linux Driver
This is the Linux driver for the IBM Active Protection System.
- prints accelerometer values
- uses userspace tool to park HD
Project Homepage / Availability
- Project Homepage
- The driver is included in the 2.6-mm series of kernels since August, 26th 2005.
- The driver is now in the mainline (2.6.14rc1).
in development, usable, very much alive
- HDAPS mailinglist and its archive
- #hdaps channel on irc.freenode.org
- IBM ThinkPads hardware drive firmware site
- http://primates.ximian.com/~rml/tilt/hdaps-gl-0.0.5.tar.gz a very "simple" example (please dont get me wrong... its just great) that shows how to use hdaps in your own programs, its written in c with use of open-gl. it shows how to get the moving-values from the position-change of your thinkpad and shows how to use this values to animate a 3d-thinkpad
- hdaps projects overview of userspace programs using hdaps