IBM ThinkPad Port Replicator
The Port Replicator contains basic pass-through connections for notebook ports, including power pass-through. It comes without integrated power supply but provides the same DC port as found in a ThinkPad, so you need to use either your Thinkpad AC adapter or another IBM AC adapter, or simply use your ThinkPad's battery power while docked. Besides all the pass-through ports the Port Replicator comes with an On/Off switch and a slot for a cable lock (only for the dock though).
- Passthrough ports:
- Kensington Lock connector
- Power button
Pros & Cons
- Positives: Inexpensive
- Negatives: Requires AC adapter, only one USB port, doesn't secure Thinkpad
- Compatibility: X20/30, T20/30, R30, and A20/30 series
- Warranty: One Year
- Order P/N: 02K8668, 02K8667
- FRU P/N: 08N1536
- FRU P/N: 02K8669 (with firewire passthrough)
LCD monitors are getting larger and higher-resolution. Currently, DVI based on 165MHz TDMS transmitters can only (officially) support 1600x1200x32 at 60Hz, which is the resolution of your average 20" non-widescreen LCD. IBM's driver support for this resolution through DVI ports on docks has been inconsistent. Also in Linux you might experience problems even with this resolution and IBM officially states that the pass-through DVI port only supports resolutions up to 1280x1024. Read our page of information on how to solve these troubles.
DVI is supported on ThinkPad A2*p systems only.
- ThinkPad A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22e, A22m, A22p
- ThinkPad A30, A30p, A31, A31p
- ThinkPad R30, R31, R32
- ThinkPad T20, T21, T22, T23
- ThinkPad T30
- ThinkPad X20, X21, X22, X23, X24
- ThinkPad X30, X31, X32