- Wikipedia article on PC card (PCMCIA, CardBus)
- Wikipedia article on ExpressCard
- ExpressCard resources and news
ExpressCard adapters are handled either by the Linux PCI subsystem as hotplug PCI-Express adapters, or by the USB subsystem (depending on the adapter card).
02-01-2009 The SanDisk ExpressCard Adapter Model SDAD0-109 P/N 20-90-03107 (has hopping white rabbit logo against a purple label) is detected as a USB CD-ROM drive in BIOS and can boot every USB supported LIVE CD we've ever tested or as virtual CD for SLAX derivatives. Windows kernels will detect the adapter as removable USB drive. This adapter is compatible with SD, SDHC, Multimedia, MMCPlus, MemoryStickDuo, MemoryStickDuoPro, MemoryStickDuoPro-Hg-Duo. It also works error free with mini-SD cards and their adapters.
Models featuring this Technology
- R51e, R52, R60, R61, R61i, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL500, SL500c
- T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p, T400, T500
- Z60m, Z61m
- W500, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet, X220