- The CPU speed will be throttled back to 800MHz if the machine is run on the 65W AC adapter with no battery installed. To avoid this throttling
- run on a 90W AC adapter, or
- install a battery pack.
- It's possible to use a mSATA SSD within the second MiniPCI Express slot.
- On booting:
- The X220 cannot/will not boot GPT disks using Legacy BIOS, you must setup UEFI.
- The X220 will not boot /efi/*/*.efi unless "signed"(?) into BIOS, you have to copy it to /efi/boot/bootx64.efi.
- Disabling the BIOS setting "USB UEFI BIOS Support" disables *all* USB booting, ie, both UEFI and legacy BIOS.
- Maximum DDR3 speed might depend on the BIOS version, some report working PC3-14900 speeds (1866 MHz).
- The combined headphone/microphone jack is a 4-pin TRRS connector and is wired as per CTIA/AHJ standard (tip - left, ring1 - right, ring2 - ground, sleeve - mic). Which means, it is compatible with most modern cellphone headsets (including Apple); however, it is not compatible with older Nokia and Samsung headsets wired as OMTP.
Pages in category "X220"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.