- ThinkPad SL300 Hardware Maintenance Manual
- SL300 Detailed Hardware Information (lspci and lsusb output)]
As of Oct 1, 2008 with Fedora 9 and kernel-126.96.36.199-29.fc9.x86_64.
- No Linux drivers for the IdeaPad-specific functionality exists.
- Brighness control does not work well, something is interacting rather badly with the brightness control in gnome/hal, so the brightness control is rather erratic
- Intel 5100AGN Wifi does not work (but according to  support is coming soon.
- The ethernet port acts up a bit and sometimes does not work at all and usually fails to run at 1000 MBit.
Nov 15 2008, Fedora 10 preview (kernel-188.8.131.52-101.fc10) update:
- Still no drivers for IdeaPad-specific buttons, since thinkpad-acpi does not apply
- Brightness control works, apart from the fact that it's reversed (Fix exists: )
Also, the behavior is incorrect in another way. tracked upstream by: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12249 http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12037
- Wireless seem to work flawlessly
- Switch to a text console form X11 dissorts the text console with intel GPU, unless you use VESA frame buffer console
- Add vga=0x318 to kernel command line if you need text console
Sep 14 2009
- Most problems are gone, see comments on.
Pages in category "SL300"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.