Difference between revisions of "MiniPCI Express slot"
(→Models featuring this Technology)
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Revision as of 04:18, 20 January 2008
MiniPCI Express Adapters
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Mini-PCI Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
- Verizon 1xEV-DO WWAN
Though the slot is MiniPCIe in form factor, it has been crippled to only accept devices with PCI-ID's contained in a BIOS whitelist consisting of the above list of devices (likely not exhaustive) with the additional requirement that they must carry the Lenovo brand name and consequently cost twice as much. If an unauthorized card is plugged in it gives a 1802 error on initial boot up before it even touches the operating system. (see Problem with unauthorized MiniPCI network card, 1802 with MiniPCIe on t60,same). The workarounds on the first link concerning MiniPCI devices may or may not be directly applicable to the MiniPCIe slot. Anyone who has added non-Lenovo components to this slot either successfully or unsuccessfully is encouraged to provide any relevant details here.
MiniPCI Express adapters are handled by the Linux PCI subsystem.
Models featuring this Technology
- ThinkPad T60, T60p, R61, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X60, X60s, Z61m
- ThinkPad Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
- Thinkpad Mini PCI Wireless compatibility matrix.