Installing Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) on a ThinkPad T410
This article describes the installation of Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) on a Thinkpad T410 type 2522-30G (with Intel Integrated Graphics 5700MHD).
Hardware Support Details
- DVD burner
- card reader
- 4 GB memory & 64 bit system
- combi audio-out micro-in (with "standard y-adapter stereo")
- external Monitor
- Fn + F2, F3, F5, F8
- Fn + Pos1, Ende, Pageup (Brightness & Spotlight)
- Fn + Cursor left, up, down, right (Multimedia keys) with rhythmbox
- Page back & fore with firefox
Works with additional configuration
- Microphone is by default set to zero, needs correction & works fine
Does not work
- suspend to ram
- suspend to disk
- digital display port
- fingerprint reader
- security chip
- anti theft
The remaining devices are currently not tested.
!! Shutdown with Kernel 2.6.32-22-generic is blocked if OpenOffice or Skype has been used during session. => closing processes soffice.bin & skype in systemmonitor will enable shutdown !!