Installing Fedora Core 4 on a ThinkPad R30
- If you want to dual boot XP with Fedora, you will have to resize your XP partition (C:). IBM also creates their recovery partition at the end of the drive, you don't have to delete or resize this one.
- When you resize your XP partition, make sure that the part of the drive you want to install on is free space. The Fedora installer automatically creates the partitions in the free space.
Install Fedora Core 4
- The IBM Thinkpad R30 can handle the DVD-ROM iso image. Download and burn from http://fedora.redhat.com
- Insert the DVD and restart your computer. Hit enter when the install screen comes up. Follow the instructions.
Two Things to note:
- Use the Grub Boot Loader if you want to dual boot with XP. When installing the boot loader, change Other to Windows XP.
- Let Fedora autopartition your hard disk. Use the "Keep All Partitions and use existing free space" option.
Important Information After Install