Installation instructions for the ThinkPad X61s
The following features work out-of-the-box with Ubuntu 7.10:
- 3D rendering
- Hot keys: sound, brightness, keyboard light, monitor, suspend
- ACPI, battery monitor
The following features don't work out-of-the-box:
- suspend fails: seemingly due to the ipw3945 ethernet driver
- Trackpoint's mouse wheel emulation
Still not solved?
- Bluetooth: can not enable and disable bluetooth from linux. Have to run the windows program which controls bluetooth and enable it. After reboot it will remain enabled (the led indicates it). However there is a hardware switch which turns off all radio communications (including Bluetooth, Wireless Lan, and WAN (3G)), and there is also the possibility to disable each one of them separately from BIOS.
- 3G: Not tested.
- Fingerprint reader: Not tried to install it. Suggestions about installation and use?
For more information see Installation instructions for the ThinkPad X61.