ibm-acpi - IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras Driver
This is a Linux ACPI driver for the IBM ThinkPad laptops written by Borislav Deianov. It aims to support various features of these laptops which are accessible through the ACPI framework but not otherwise supported by the generic Linux ACPI drivers. As a kernel module, ibm-acpi works as a bridge to deliver information about certain hardware events like key presses or control the state of certain hardware features by software.
- Fn key combinations (Fn-F3, Fn-F4, Fn-F5, Fn-F12)
- Bluetooth enabling and disabling
- video output switching, video expansion control
- ThinkLight on/off
- limited docking and undocking
- UltraBay device eject
- control over several CMOS states
- control of LEDs
- beep generation
Project Homepage / Availability
Part of the linux kernel 2.6.10.
in development, usable, very much alive