Intel PRO/100, PRO/1000 Drivers
Intel e100 and e1000 drivers are on the mainline Linux kernel tree for a long time now. You should use the drivers that come with the kernel, unless you experience problems. Often a newer driver is available from the e1000 project site on sourceforge earlier than that it is merged in the kernel.
Intel(R) PRO/10/100/1000/10GbE Drivers
- The drivers home page - http://e1000.sf.net/
- If you have problems, try disabling MSI support in the kernel.
- Don't complain here about a bug that has not been reported to the kernel bugzilla or the e1000 bug tracker
- If a gigabit ethernet link won't stay up, try tunning at 100Mbit/s (
modprobe e1000 Speed=100) If it works, the cabling is your main suspect.
- e1000 modprobe parameters, the most recent version is in the README file in the e1000 tarball