ThinkPad Edge 13" Series
This page gives an overview of all ThinkPad Edge 13" Series related topics. The Edge 13" exists both in a Intel and AMD processor model.
ThinkPad Edge 13" (Intel)
Common to all distributions should be the following two issues:
- the trackpad's synaptics multitouch hardware isn't detected properly
- the built-in microphone does not work by default
Refer to the linlap entry  for details.
(K)Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
See: Installing Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) on a ThinkPad Edge 13" (Intel)
Ubuntu 10.10 out-of-the-box supports pretty much all this machine's hardware, including:
- power (frequency scaling, hibernate)
- networking (wifi and ethernet)
- card reader (tested with SDHC card)
- HDMI (video, audio untested)
- combo headphone/mic jack (same kind of connector as many smartphones)
- trackpad (but only in "pseudo-multitouch", see above)
What doesn't work:
- inbuilt microphone (see above)
OpenSUSE 11.3 supports this model out-of-the-box, including 3D desktop effects, hibernate, built-in webcam and wireless.
A workaround to enable the the built-in microphone is to add the following line at the beginning of /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf:
options snd-hda-intel model=olpc-xo-1_5
ThinkPad Edge 13" (AMD)