Infos on how to treat your battery properly and on what you can do to extend its lifetime.
Find more information about batteries at http://batteryuniversity.com
- store them at about 40% charged state
- never store them fully depleted/charged
- keep them cool and dry; never freeze a battery
- the battery lasts longer with partial rather than full discharges
- avoid charging if the battery is nearly full
- never expose your laptop and/or battery to excessive heat (car parked in sun)
- take the battery/s out when running on AC
- Newer Thinkpads have software that lets you set charge thresholds. If you use your Laptop at a desk, use this software to keep your batteries in good condition.
More specific links about these hints:
The 600X problem
There is a problem with the 600X and dying batteries. The problem is that the 600X's has problems with its power management which causes batteries to die before they should. Read more about this on the according problem page.