I currently have an X200 Tablet, running Debian unstable.
Previously, I have owned an X40 and A21m.
This page will have my notes and thoughts as they occur, and so may not be that accurate.
The X200T fingerprint reader is not yet supported by fprint.
The AT&T WWAN card is not appearing in lsusb output, and I've read that there is some regression in the kernel that prevents it from working right now.
The wacom stylus and eraser work just fine. But, xsetwacom list dev shows nothing (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=534531). Apparently this is not a bug but part of the transition to new HAL and Xorg. The answer is to use xinput to get the actual name of the stylus device (which is not "stylus" anymore), and then use "xsetwcom set DEVICE rotate cw", for example to rotate the stylus.
Strangely, the card reader did not appear in lsusb output until I inserted an SD card, at which point it appeared and worked fine.
In Debian, building tp-smapi with module-assistant doesn't build the hdaps module by default. I don't know what the proper way to pass an option to module-assistant is so I just edited the Makefile to have it build.
I had to create an /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf file with:
# enable thinkpad_ec options thinkpad_ec force_io=1
Then, install hdapsd, and neverball!
I maybe also had to install xserver-xorg-input-joystick, and turn joystick on in .neverballrc.
These are the specs for my X200T according to the ebay posting.
- Intel SL9400 1.86Ghz 6MB L2 Cache Centrino 2 Motevino Processor - 1066 FSB ULTRA-LOW VOLTAGE!!!
- 12.1" WXGA (1280x800) LED-BackLit + MultiTouch (Touchscreen) + Multiview LCD WideScreen
- The Fastest Intel 4500MHD Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator with HD Boost Technology
- 2GB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066Mhz RAM Memory
- 2GB Intel Turbo FLASH Disk-Cache Accelerator
- 160GB 7200RPM SATA HardDrive with Active Shock Protection
- FAST WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (Intel WiFi Link 5100 MIMO AGN Shirley Peak) Wireless Internet
- AT&T Wireless BroadBand Internet Built-In with GPS
- BlueTooth EDR 2.0
- Intel 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 3 x USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 x DB-15 Monitor Output
- Integrated 5-in-1 Card (MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Mem Stick Pro, Secure Digital, SDHC)
- Integrated 1.3MP WebCam
- High Definition (HD-Audio) AD1984A Audio Output
- Integrated FingerPrint Reader Authentication
- ThinkPad TrackPoint User Interface
- Lithium POLYMER 8-Cell SMART Battery (>10+ Hours of Battery Life!!!)
- Carbon Fiber Chassis / Carbon Fiber Reinforced Super-Elastic Polycarbonate (SEPC) Case
- Only 2.98lbs with Battery!!!
- THREE Year Full Lenovo Factory Warranty