Template talk:Benchmarks Header
I coded a new MediaWiki Specialpage, to get the table dynamic (to be database-driven, enabling sorting and so on).
It is not yet finished. Hope I will get this finished soon.
The MediaWiki code is strange and rather poorly documented. Suggestions are appreciated! :-)
- First part as a template (to be editable by the public): Template:Benchmarks_Header
- Dynamic database-driven table with sorting
- Last part as a template again (for notes): Template:Benchmarks_Footer
--akw 21:57, 8 Oct 2004 (CEST)
how to run instructions needed
I think we need instructions on how to run the benchmark.
For instance it is not clear if the benchmark should just be started from the cmdline and have it run with default window size, or if it should be resized to fullscreen.
For instance I am running Fedora Core 3T2 with x.org 6.8.1 and am getting 1067 FPS with the default window size, but only 92 FPS at fullscreen. This is on a T30 (2366-52U) which has a 1.8GHz P4M, running the opensource radeon driver.
--tonko 4:51, 10 Oct 2004 (CEST)
Yes, you are definitely right.
--akw 14:39, 11 Oct 2004 (CEST)
Sorting (up and down) now works properly. I need to implement filtering now...
--akw 19:31, 14 Oct 2004 (CEST)
Implemented model filtering. Other columns will follow soon...
--akw 14:02, 15 Oct 2004 (CEST)
Filtering is finished. :-)
--akw 21:53, 15 Oct 2004 (CEST)
new statistics suggestions
Ok guys, i've come up with some new ideas for the statistics section, which would be nice to be done in the same way as this one:
- Harddisk speed comparisons (Model, Kernel, hdparm settings, -Tt results, user, ???)
- Battery endurance comparisons (Model, Kernel, APM/ACPI, battery age, time measured, pm-settings-as-codes-like-in-3Dfps, user, ???)
Of course the battery thing would be a bit tricky to get into comparable state...like battery age has to be defined maybe as load cycles, time measured could be from 100% to 10% to not have the testers risk data loss...we would have to think about this.
What's your opinions???
Wyrfel 01:52, 12 Nov 2004 (CET)