SL Driver on openSUSE
This page describes one way to get SL500 hotkeys, brightness and bluetooth working with openSUSE, via Alexandre Rostovtsev's driver.
- Follow the instructions described in that thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/hardware/411402-how-do-i-build-make-custom-driver-into-kernel.html
- Edit/create a file /etc/modprobe.d/lenovo-sl-laptop.conf which just has one line: 'options lenovo-sl-laptop control_backlight=1' (this tells modprobe to load the module with backlight control enabled)
- Use YaST -> Bootloader or edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file to add 'acpi_backlight=vendor' as a kernel option to your kernel line.
- If you are using laptop-mode-tools, edit /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/bluetooth.conf to set BLUETOOTH_INTERFACES="lenslbluetoothsw" instead of "hci0".
- You may use Holger's killswitch-applet to manage your killswitches.