Installing Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) on a ThinkPad X300
No special remarks about Ubuntu 9.04 installation on Lenovo X300. Everything works, including brightness control with fn-keys.
However, it seems to be some problems with Kubuntu:
- Hibernate/Suspend (wake up leads to login-screen) -- fixed
- some Fn-keys don't do anything (for example Fn+F2 doesn't lock the screen)
- No scrolling with the Trackpoint as long as Touchpad not disabled in BIOS
- tp-fancontrol doesn't start any more as init-script
- thinkfan works very well on X300 and Ubuntu 9.04. Available there
- To speed up adobe flash in full srcen mode create file /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with OverrideGPUValidation=true in it.