Installation instructions for the ThinkPad T410s
- [Installing Fedora on T410s] (will import page to ThinkWiki later)
- Installation of OpenSUSE 12.2 on a ThinkPad T410s
- Installation of OpenSUSE 12.1 on a ThinkPad T410s
- Installation of OpenSUSE 11.4 on a ThinkPad T410s
- Installation of OpenSUSE 11.3 on a ThinkPad T410s
Debian Installer will leave you with most hardware working properly after you follow the guided installation. A notable flaw in the Debian Installer is there is misleading support for a network installation over WiFi. Unless you download the source package for firmware-nonfree onto removable media prior to installation you will not have the driver for any of the Intel wireless cards. Even then, the installer does not allow an interactive installation over a network with WPA or WPA2 PSK security. The firmware API in the iwlagn kernel module in Squeeze is bound to the driver in the firmware-iwlwifi package. If you use the official release from Intel the firmware will not load, leaving you unable to use the WiFi connection.