How to install ThinkPad Modem (MDC-3.0, 56kbps HDA) under sidux 2008-03 (Ουρέα)
Based on directions there: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/welcome.html . scanModem was suggesting to use the linuxant driver which is available for a little price around 19$ and in a free edition (14.4kbps capped).
# unzip hsf*.zip
# dpkg -i hsf*.deb
- Start kppp
- Create a new modem device
- Click "Configure...' Button
- Select "Modems" Tab
- Click "New..."
- Name it and select /dev/ttySHSF0 as the actual device, press OK
- Query the new modem
- "Edit..." your modem
- Select "Modem" Tab
- Press the "Query Modem..." button.
- kppp should be able to open the modem and query the ATI values
My ATI values
ATI: 56000 ATI 1: 255 ATI 2: ATI 3: hsfmodem-7.68.00.14full ATI 4: Conexant HSF softmodem ATI 5: 04 ATI 6: ATI 7: 255