This display solution was introduced and shelved with the TransNote.
The TouchScreen is a serial attached MicroTouch TouchBase TouchScreen. It is attached to the first serial port (/dev/ttyS0), which holds IO-Ports 3F8 to 3FF and IRQ 7.
The serial port needs to be configured with
# setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart 16550A port 0x03f8 irq 7 baud_base 115200 spd_normal skip_test.
There is a driver available (binary and source), which was originally written for XFree86 4.1, but successfully tested with xorg 6.8.2.
- Unpack the driver and copy transnote_drv.o to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input.
- There is a calibrate directory in the source tree. Quit your X server, go to that directory and run
$ calibrate > ~/penconfig.
- It will guide you through the calibration and generate the neccessary configuration entries for xorg.conf.
- Now you just need to merge the contents of ~/penconfig into your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
- Then restart your X server and you can use your pen to navigate the pointer.
The tpb as on every other ThinkPad featuring those buttons. The button in the middle triggers neither tpb nor xev nor showkey. At least not with default configurations.and buttons on the right sight of the display work with
find out how to make the TouchPanel button usable
Models featuring this Technology
- ThinkPad TransNote