- fan control-script
- based upon ibm-acpi 0.11 (experimental=1 !)
- eliminates anoying "fan always on" in battery mode
- works with hysteresis (DELTA) so that always-turn-on/turn-off is avoided
- fan acivates at MAXTEMP and cools down CPU, GPU etc. to MAXTEMP-DELTA than the fan is turned off
- furthermore detects if AC is on and gives back fan control to default behaviour than
- one can change MAXTEMP and DELTA to individual values
- but take care of your THINKPAD don`t melt it!
- have fun!
- mk 05.05.05
- make sure the script doesn't leave the fan off on error
trap "echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan" EXIT
while [ 1 ]; do
for ac in `sed s/state:// < /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/state` do if [ "$ac" = "off-line" ]; then fan=no for temp in `sed s/temperatures:// < /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal` do test $temp -gt $SWITCHTEMP && fan=yes done
if [ "$fan" = "yes" ]; then command='enable' SWITCHTEMP=`expr $MAXTEMP - $DELTA` else SWITCHTEMP=$MAXTEMP command='disable' fi else # ac-adapter on -> set fan control to standard behaviour command='enable' fi
echo $command > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan sleep 15 done done