The ThinkPad T30 is clearly specified as having a maximum memory of 1GB (2 x 512MB SO-DIMMs).
But I tried using 2GB (2 x 1GB SO-DIMMs) and it works just fine.
Here is my configuration:
- ThinkPad T30, model 2366-92U (1.8 GHz),
- BIOS Version 2.08 (1IET69WW),
- Embedded Controller Version 1.06
- 2 x Kingmax 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR333 (PC2700), Model # MSAD42D-KI
I bought them from Newegg.com, Item # N82E16820155111.
Other brands/models might also work; this is what I used and it works fine.
Lenovo says 2G maximum ram http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD012623#t Korgman 29 Aug 2011
- I'm not seeing T30 listed on that page. Pi3832 19:05, 16 January 2012 (CET)
My T30 has a parallel port, but pins 18-25 are not all ground. Pins 18-20,23 are ground, but others seem to float. So a homebrew device that signals a desktop on pins 11/25 (using an open collector transistor) has to use pins 11/18 on the T30