Adding a new ThinkPad series or category to ThinkWiki
How to add a new thinkpad category to ThinkWiki
This page is a checklist for you, proud owner of a (probably very new) ThinkPad series or model that is not listed in ThinkWiki yet, who wants to help enhance this WiKi with information about the new machine.
- Make sure you are aware of the guidelines for adding new pages, described in Help:Editing;
- If the ThinkPad is a new series, you will have to create a page for it and add it to the Category:Models and to the ThinkPad series page. Please look at some of the already existing pages to use as a template;
- If the ThinkPad is a new major model in a series, you will have to create a page for it and add a link to the new page in the relevant series page.
- Locate your ThinkPad model on Lenovo's "download and support" site, track down and fill in the information on the following pages:
- Look for pages describing hardware and issues that are relevant to your ThinkPad model, and make sure they link back to the new category page. Looking at the category page for ThinkPad models of the same generation as yours will give you an starting point.
Yes, it is a lot of work, and you don't have to do it in one sitting, but it will make ThinkWiki a much better site.
expand this page more, I am sure I left out a lot of stuff