Linux ALSA driver
Installation on Debian GNU/Linux
The AD1981HD installs by default in Debian. To get it to work type 'alsaconf' on the command line as the root user.
- As of kernel 2.6.17, some users report a missing master volume control (e.g., with the T60p and Z60m), as described in this thread: http://email@example.com/msg17089.html
- As of ALSA 1.0.13 the master volume has returned. Download the latest modules from your distrobution to fix this problem. Otherwise as a temporary fix add model=hp to the snd-hda-intel module option. This will return the master volume control to your control.
- If you experience crackling noises, this can be avoided by adding the position_fix=2 optional argument for the module.
- If you have problems recording audio, try selecting "Front Mic" as the capture device.
- According to a bug in the BIOS, the modem disables the audio device too. If you are having problems with your soundcard and have disabled your modem, try re-enabling it. On some systems disabling the modem results in fixing some problems, so if you haven't disabled the modem, try it.