Installing Ubuntu 13.04 on a ThinkPad Helix
The ThinkPad Helix is shipped with Windows 8 Pro. Dual boot installation is possible.
- external CD-RW drive
- minimum 800 MB CD-ROM
- burn Image
- Disable Fast Boot (german only: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Dualboot)
- Disable Secure Boot
- start with alternative device
Some things worked out of the box:
- basic needs as both batteries, keyboard, touchpad, TrackPoint,
After basic installation you can't boot Windows from GRUB!
- temporary workaround - BIOS
- on the long run - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair and proceed with recommended repair to fix the problem.
F1 to F6 worked out of the box.