Bootup sidux 2008-03 (Ουρέα) on a IdeaPad S9e
I could get sidux 2008-03 and 2008-04 to run on S9e Modell 4187-42G with the
vga=788 cheatcode out of the box. A needed external USB DVD/CD Drive was needed. The OS UI setup is not properly configured to handle such a resolution flawlessly out of the box. Dialogs appear to be too large in size (mostly the height) mostly, so that important buttons in the lower areas most windows are sometimes not accessible. Setting the Display DPI from 120 to 96 did a good job reducing these Problems
- Bootable USB Stick, you can create it on windows or linux, see Sidux live usb creator for Windows XP or sidux which creates such a bootable USB stick.
- External CD/DVD needed, have not tested the USB Installer but might try that.
What works out of the Box
- LAN Adapter
What did not work out of the Box
- Screen Resolution. FIX: needed a hint at boot:
- UI Display. FIX: needed a setting with the dimplified Sidux Control Center to a DPI of 96 (from 120).
- WLAN (unable to auto-detect device). Proprioetary Driver by Broadcom and NDIS Wrapper have been reported as working. See Broadcom_BCM4312_802.11b/g for more Info.