Using ACPI with Thinkpads
This page provides tips and tricks for making ACPI behave properly.
Thinkpad 600E 2645-4AU
ACPI works but there are problems with suspend/hibernate:
- The package uswsusp doesn't have 600E white listed as of this writing (Aug 2007) so for suspend to ram you need to use "s2ram -f -p -m". On resume the video mode will be messed up switching back and forth to X fixes it. Don't suspend to ram without running X because the console gets messed up. Please, update this information if you find workarounds. Newer versions of uswsusp will white list 600E.
- Soundcard module needs reloading.
- 3com Etherlink III pcmcia card needs reloading.
Warning: There's a strange problem with ACPI - the system will lock hard when the fan is first started. Once the fan is running after the reboot the problem appears no longer.
Linux 2.6.22 is fixing most of the problems with 2.6.21:
- The sound card works fine on resume
- The system no longer freezes when fan is switched on
- s2ram works without any quirks using -f -s
I strongly recommend the latest BIOS version