In the recent years I used some Thinkpads for business or private
- T40, exchanged with the T60
- T42, Type 2373-CTO, ProductID: 2373YPL, IBM link
- X41, Type 2525-CTO, ProductID: 2525W85, IBM link
- T60, Type 2007-CTO, ProductID: 2007VW1, IBM link
- T500, Type 2089-AZ9, ProductID: 2089AZ9, IBM link
and up to now I am satisfied with them, except that the fans can be annoying from time to time.
The X41 works with 2,5GB of memory (512MB build in + a 2GB memory module). This is not supported (cf. Unofficial maximum memory specs) but the BIOS reports 2,5GB and within WindowsXP and Linux 2GB will be recognized.
ToDo: Someday I will replace the HDD with an CF-Card (cf. Compact_Flash_boot_drive).
- Drivers and software - ThinkPad T42, T42p
- BIOS Update (Non-Diskette) - ThinkPad R50, R50p, R51 (1829, 1830, 1831, 1836), T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p
- X41 Frequency Scaling,...
- Debian/GNU Linux for Laptops, Notebooks, PDAs, Portable Media Players and Mobile Phones
- Debian GNU/Linux Laptop & Notebook Distribution - Unofficial Proposal
- Critical firmware upgrade for 40GB, 60GB and 80GB hard drives - ThinkPad R50, R50p, T41, T41p 2004/03/04
- DVD Multi drive firmware update utility (Bootable CD ISO) - ThinkPad
- Drivers and software - ThinkPad X40, X41
- [[Special:Watchlist personal watchlist}