Serial Ultrabay Slim DVD Multi-Burner III
- 42T2603 (42T2602), 42T2551 (42T2550)
- 42T2545 (42T2588), 42T2545 (42T2544)
- 42T2599 (42T2598)
- 42T2515 (42T2514)
If connected at boot time, the drive is normally /dev/sr0.
Problem regarding reading video DVDs
When playing a region-coded video DVD for the first time using a Linux player, you may get errors such as the following:
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for VMGM (VIDEO_TS.IFO)
This is caused by the DVD driver's region never having been set. Use regionset to set some region and retry. It is important that you choose the region code wisely, as you will not be able to read any other regions, and you can only change the region 4 times before it becomes permanent.
With older drives you could use libdvdread to bypass a drives region restrictions, but this doesn't work in some drives, particularly those from Panasonic. Panasonic DVD drives actually refuse to read out-of-region media, and implement RPC-2 fully. This cannot be worked around in any way short of drive firmware changes, which are not available anywhere.
Models supporting this accessory
- Template:P701, Template:P711
- W500, W510, W520, W530, W5401, W5411, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T440p1, T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540p1
- L4101, L4121, L4201, L4211, L4301, L4401, L5101, L5121, L5201, L5301, L5401, Template:L5601, Template:L5701
- R400, R500
- ThinkPad X200 UltraBase, ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3